DateTimes, LLongs and other 8-byte fields.

Charles Yeomans yeomans at desuetude.com
Fri Nov 18 15:29:19 CST 2005

On Nov 18, 2005, at 1:29 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>>> Hmm.
>>>
>>> But
>>>
>>>    dim v as integer = fldLong.Value
>>>
>>> Give you binary value. What can be more ?!
>>
>> But what about LLong fields?  Recall that REALbasic lacks eight-byte
>> integer types.
>
> Sorry, this is question to REAL :-)
>
>     right now V4RB do NOT support int64.
>     you can assign value only via Strings.
>
> As only REAL will implement int64, we will add .Value for LLong

No, this is question to Paradigma.  What does fld.GetString return when
fld is a LLong?  Does it return an eight-byte string containing the
integer data?  Does it return a string containing the representation of
the string in arabic numerals?

I believe this is at least the third time I have asked the same
question.  If you just don't want to answer, please so inform me.