v4RB2, DB create/open and subclasses

Eric Werner, MD gaseous1 at mac.com
Wed Nov 16 16:50:01 CST 2005

Ruslan,

Using v4RB2 v2.05 and REALbasic 2005, I¹m trying to create or open a
Valentina database using the ³classes² technique.

The wrinkle is that I¹m using a subclass of Vdatabase, to which I have added
a variety of properties and methods (this class is called vDB).

I create another object, whose super is vDB, named vbScheduler, which
creates the database tables. Yet another object, whose super is vTable,
creates the field entries. This is all coded as per the tutorial (and a
similar project worked flawlessly in VB v1.x)

When I run this project, an incomplete (db with tables, but without fields)
database is created on disk.

What do I need to do differently to get this to work. I have a simple file
which demonstrates my problem, if you¹d like to see it.

--
Regards,

Eric