Child vs parent records

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Nov 14 11:55:34 CST 2005

On 11/14/05 7:15 AM, "Ed Kleban" <Ed at Kleban.com> wrote:

Hi Ed,

* this should be used only for SELF-recursive links

* so image Table "Person".
    And Let it have link "Born To" of kind M : M (actually 2 : M)

* let you have record with RecID = 100 and it is person "John Johnson".
    this record have linked records.
    but look! This linked records are of 2 kinds: Parents and Childs.

So when you do

    found = FindLink( 100, tblPerson, tblPerson,  ??? )

Who you want to find? Parents or Childs?
Last parameter allow you specify this.

P.S. Hmm... May be in fact we can make MORE functions to make things more
clean...

    FindLinked( recid, T1, T2 )

    FindLinkedRecursive( recid, T, inRecursionDirection  )