[V4REV + VServer] Valentina - problems

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan at paradigmasoft.com
Sat Nov 12 08:15:24 CST 2005

On 11/12/05 1:33 AM, "Suhasini Kotcherlakota" <suhasini at bigred.unl.edu>
wrote:

Hi Suhasini,

> Ruslan:
>
> Thanks for your quick reply. I see the serial numbers and other files. I
> downloaded Embedded valentina server as well as valentina for revolution.
> I'm unsuccessful in connecting, creating database etc.,
>
> From the Zip File when we purchased I have got the following folders:
>
> Additional 10 Connection
> ADK serial.txt
> VServer Embedded
> Embedded Serial.txt
> license_emb_...numbers
> VServer Office

right

> ---
> My file structure looks like this:
> Library
>   StartupItems
>       VServer_Embedded
>       StartupParameters.plist
>   VServer_Embedded
>       VServer_Embedded
>       Databases
>       licenses
>           license_emb_....numbers

I have correct intents. In your letter they was broken.
Yes looks right

> (I replaced this with the emb license file you gave us
> when we purchased present in the Vserver Embedded folder. There is also
> Embedded Serial.txt which I don't know where I have to put?)

This can be a problem !!!

IF you have start to use license_emb, then you MUST specify embedded serial,
which is key of your application to connect to server.

You should specify that big hex string from file Embedded Serial.txt
In the parameter Options of Vdatabase constructor

    Vdatabase_New( host, user, passw, port, timeout, Options )
                                                  ^^^^^^^^^^

Having this you should be able connect.

-------
BTW,

During development you can use not license_emb,
But license_mac_xxxx file. In this case server will work without Option
parameter.

Keep in mind that license_mac and license_win should be used only in your
development, and not distributed to your customers.

Why this is better? Because then you will be able run and check our
examples, which of course DO NOT have parameter Option.

> VServer_Embedded
> VServer_Embedded.ini ( What should the SystmCatalog contain? Where and how
> should I put the pathname, hostname,username and password? )
> VServer_Embedded.log

usually
    SystmCatalog = "Databases"

Host, User, Password you should specify in the constructor of DB.

    Vdatabase_New( host, user, passw, port, timeout, Options )

Please do next steps:

* at first you can try run V4REV examples without server.
    make sure that radio button is LOCAL.

    works ?

* then drop license_mac into Vserver.

* using Terminal (top) or ActivityMonitor check that Vserver is not running.
    btw, please read Vserver.pdf how to run, stop Vserver.

* in the .ini file set VerboseLevel = 3

* Now you should learn how to run Vserver from terminal. Then you will see
in live mode all messages of server.

* when you have server running in terminal, then you can try V4REV examples
to work with server. For this just check radio button CLIENT and do
examples. Works ?

And only after this you can start make own project.