V4MD 2.0.5 getDatabaseVersion crashes

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Nov 4 22:49:07 CST 2005

On 11/4/05 10:41 PM, "Chuck Neal" <chuck at mediamacros.com> wrote:

Hi Chuck,

> I found the problem. You have to call init before that command.

Ah, this is logical.

ValentinaInit() must be first call to Valentina

Absolutely first. Because it loads dlls and init ICU -- unicode library.

> Where is
> there info on what the numbers mean?  IE I get back 400 but nothing
> tells me how to translate that into anything useful.  Also the docs use...

Run Apple calculator, switch  to Programmer mode.

Convert 400 decimal to HEX. You will see 190, this is version 1.9 of format.

> getDatabaseFormatVersion()
> \But the Xtra says (and uses)
> getDatabaseVersion()

This is changed for 2.1.

New name is more informative.
You use 2.0.5 I think right? So you do not see yet this change

Btw, you work on OS X ?
Thomas, cannot get working 2.0.5 on some reason ...