error -61 and error 32

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 12:27:11 CST 2005

Thanks, Keith and Robert.  You were both right.  I figured that was
probably the case, but I couldn't figure out why.  I finally realized
that I did have a place where I was opening the database, but not
closing it, and then trying to open it again.  Thus the error.  Too
bad it took me so long to track it down.

Anyway, thanks again.

Chris

On Nov 3, 2005, at 11:41 AM, Keith DeLong wrote:

> Hi Chris,
> You're attempting to open the database after it has already been
> opened.
>
> I'm not a revolution user but I can tell you that error -61 on OS X
> and
> error 32 on Windows occurs in Valentina (or any file system) when
> an already
> open file is being opened/accessed again by another process or
> application.
>
> On OS X, the file opens without error but throws the -61 error when an
> attempt to access the file is made. On Windows, error 32 occurs
> when the
> attempt is made to open the file.
>
> HTH,
>
> Keith DeLong
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm using Valentina 1.x with Revolution.  I have suddenly started
>> getting error -61 (Mac OS X) and error 32 (Windows) when trying to
>> perform a Flush on a local database.  The same routine performed on a
>> remote database does not cause the error.  Can anyone think of why
>> this might happen.  I've been banging my head on my desk for hours
>> now trying to figure this out.  The thing that's weird is that the
>> same code used to work.  I'm not sure what, if anything, I've changed
>> to make the error occur.  All I'm doing is creating a read/write
>> cursor, updating some fields, performing a flush (that's where it
>> errors), and then closing the database.
>>
>>  From what I can gather, error -61 is a "write permission" error for
>> OS X, and error 32 is a sharing violation for Windows.  Any takers?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chris

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally