V4MD crash can delete data of db

info at vallemediatime.com info at vallemediatime.com
Tue Nov 1 14:27:51 CST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua>
To: <valentina at lists.macserve.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: V4MD crash can delete data of db

> On 11/1/05 2:32 PM, "info at vallemediatime.com" <info at vallemediatime.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> Exists way to reproduce ?
> > I've tried to reproduce it, the error is in a SQL query, if I repeat the
> > same query two or three times I get the crash and/or the db
corruption...

> > btw: first to repeat a query I always set gCursor = 0
> >
> > Two days ago I've download the new beta 2.1b1: the same query always
works
> > and the crash is missing... I'm happy for this.
>
> We too.
>
> So now first query return not 0 but some cursor with records?
Yes, but this in 2.0.5 also
the strange and dangerous problem happens (first of 2.1) when I repeat twice
o more time the same query...
the query was like this (if I good remember).. now I have new code, sorry
for my not too precise information.

query = "SELECT\
Appuntamenti_ID,\
Appuntamenti_Giorno || '-' || Appuntamenti_Mese || '-' ||
Appuntamenti_Anno,\
Appuntamenti_Ore,\
Persone_Cognome,\
Appuntamenti_Mediatore\
FROM Appuntamenti JOIN Persone\
ON Appuntamenti_PersoneDoc_Ref = Persone_ID"

Paolo