sql query with fieldName as variable name

peter salomon peter.salomon at gmx.net
Tue May 31 12:51:50 CDT 2005

Hi Paolo,

this is a lingo question i think, not valentina.
i´m not sure what you want to do, of course you can store anything in
global variables, also fieldnnames. You do it by defining it:

global gFieldName
then you put something into it:

gFieldName = "fldAnyName"
if you want to build an sql string you can construct it as:

"SELECT RecID, * FROM students WHERE" && gFieldName && "= '" & searchString &
"'"

you need a field in your table named  "fldAnyName" and
searchstring must be a local or global variable containing a string..

is that what you wanted to know?
Peter