kRestrict +kCascade type link

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon May 30 21:24:41 CDT 2005

On 5/30/05 9:11 PM, "Kem Tekinay" <ktekinay at mactechnologies.com> wrote:

Hi Kem,

> I am looking for a particular type of effect. I am setting up a many-to-many
> binary link between table1 and table2. I will only ever delete records from
> table1, and what I'd like is for linked records to be deleted from table2
> ONLY IF that record is not linked to other records in table1.
>
> For example:
>
> t1rec1 <-> t2recA
> t1rec1 <-> t2recB
> t1rec2 <-> t2recB
>
> When I delete record t1rec1, the linked record t2recA should be deleted too,
> but t2recB should not because it is also linked to record t1rec2.
>
> Is there a setting for this, or do I have to do it manually?

There is no such setting right now.

Let me think on this ...

I'd name this   ExclusiveCascade  :-)

On the other hand ... May be you have discover new idea.
    and may be in fact M : M link CASCADE should work
    exactly as you describe?!

Really, what sense delete recB in this case.
Then this break/hang link  t1rec2 <-> t2recB

Or let's ask in other way:
    can be useful case when t1rec1 deletion
    should delete recB? and what should happens with
    link t1rec2 <-> t2recB

Ivan, please add TEST as describe Kem.

* and tell me what happens now?
    what happens with t1rec2 <-> t2recB link ?