[V4MD] .vdb files cross platform

peter salomon peter.salomon at gmx.net
Mon May 30 10:30:19 CDT 2005

Hi Ruslan and all,

because of  bugs in Mac version ( almost resolved :-) ) i worked on my
project on windows.

A new strange effect is that i cannot open my database which i created
on windows on the mac. It seems that not every vdb file is affected. But
as i remember cross platform feature was fixed in 2.0.2 or 2.0.3

Right now it seems that i can open vdb´s created on MacOS in windows but
not the other way round.

Before i figure out under which circumstances i can or cannot open vdb
files i wanted to ask here in the list if somebody has recognized the
same effect.

My .vdb is not corrupted, has 8 tables, 3 links and some methodfields. I
have the impression that links or methodfields ( ruslan - dont worry: i
rotated my table - only 5 fields now with very simple and short
methodstring ) cause cross opening problems...

best regards, Peter