[V4MD] getMedia() error

Scott Runkel srunkel at hypix.com
Wed May 25 18:21:13 CDT 2005

> > If the answer is, "yes, it should work, you should be able to create
multiple
> > cursors that include the same records and use getMedia on those records
> > successfully" then I will consider making a small example file.
>
> In theory this MUST work.
> If some bug exists then we need fix it.
> Better to make sure that this works in 2.0

In case anyone is curious about what happened with this, I discovered eventually
after much trial and error that if the original function call comes from a MIAW,
then getMedia() doesn't work. It's true. I made the identical function call to
my media object from the message window, and it worked. Then go to the MIAW, and
it doesn't work. Again, this only affects getMedia(), it doesn't seem to affect
getField(), which continued to work normally.

The solution was to put my function call within a "tell the stage/end tell"
setting. The media object is global, and the script doing the calling is in the
same scripts cast as the media object script, so everything else worked fine.
But this might be a gotcha for other people, or something to look at for version
2 of Valentina.

-SR

Scott Runkel
Director of Technology