V4RB2 won't create database

Gary Edge valentina at panamind.com
Wed May 25 12:02:13 CDT 2005

On May 25, 2005, at 3:08 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>> I just downloaded the 2.0.3 installer and still can't get valentina
>> to create a database. Any ideas?
>>

> But it works for others.
> Hmm.
>
> Have you try to run OUR examples?
> Does they work ?
>
> What means:
>     can't get valentina to create a database?
>
> Db.Create() do not works?
> How it not works?
> Crash or some error code ?
>
> Your platform?
> REALbasic version ?

Hi Ruslan,

I'm using RB 5.5.4, on a iBook G4 and PM G5 Dual 1.8, both running
Tiger.

I tried the one example that creates a db and it works properly. In
my code the db.create() executes with no error code or crash yet
doesn't create a database.
This project was intially started with V4Rb 1.10 and I converted it
to use V4RB 2.

<< After trying the 'classes way' example>>

Apparently I wasn't calling VDatabase(0) in the constructor of my
database class. It seems to work now.

Thanks

Gary