[V4MD] getMedia() error

Scott Runkel srunkel at hypix.com
Fri May 20 08:44:28 CDT 2005

> Bit I think you not first time use SetMedia(). Right?

I honestly don't know what this sentence means. SetMedia was used to build the
database. In most cases, months ago.

> I remember that sometimes Director project can be corrupt (or its cast
> members). And it needs fix it.

I don't think the Director project is corrupt.

Let me make this as clear as I can. I can go through THOUSANDS of iterations
over cursors using getMedia() to retrieve the media of a #text member from
Valentina into a #text member in Director. No problems. Lots of people have
tested the project. No problems.

BUT if I have the following conditions, then getMedia() fails:

1. A cursor that includes record 1 (example). With this cursor, I have ALREADY
used getMedia() perfectly.
2. A new cursor, OR THE SAME CURSOR, trying to use getMedia on record 1, fails.
3. It ONLY fails with getMedia. I can use getField to retrieve lots of other
data.

* Can you just tell me one thing: should this work?*

If the answer is, "yes, it should work, you should be able to create multiple
cursors that include the same records and use getMedia on those records
successfully" then I will consider making a small example file. If the answer is
"no, you can't use getMedia on a record when that record already exists in
another cursor" then I'll do something else.

Thanks. I'm sorry if I sound frustrated. I have spent hours and hours and hours
trying to make this work, with no luck. It's always the same, 100% reproducible.

-SR

Scott Runkel
Director of Technology
Hypix Media, Inc.