[V4MD] getMedia() error

Scott Runkel srunkel at hypix.com
Thu May 19 16:07:17 CDT 2005

Hi,

When using getMedia() on a cursor to retrieve a Director #text member from the
database, I sometimes get this error:

error -2147219496

Can't find anything in the docs about this, and ValentinaErrorString() is no
help either.

What's weird is I'm using the same types of code throughout the project and it
usually works fine. In general, getMedia() works perfectly. In the failure case,
I have an existing cursor that includes some records. With that cursor, I can
use getMedia() all day and it's fine. Then I'm creating a new cursor that
includes some of the same records. It is at this time that it fails on
getMedia(), in the same handler. I have tried every combination of Client/Server
and NoLock/ReadOnly/ReadWrite when creating the cursors.

Can I not use getMedia() on two different cursors, for the same record?

-SR

Scott Runkel
Director of Technology
Hypix Media, Inc.