[V4REV] symbolic constants // Based on Assoc Array

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Mon May 16 23:58:19 CDT 2005

>On 5/16/05 8:45 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:
>
>>>  Only it needs to check if all constant names from different "enums" are
>>>  different...
>>
>>  Definitely the second, shorter way. Internally, you can either ensure
>>  that each constant is different or have them enumerated by function
>>  name whatever it is easier for you to handle.
>>
>>  In this instance, the quotes are really (at least they should be)
>>  optional, although it is a good idea to have them anyway.
>>
>>  SQlSelect(query,kServerSide,kReadWrite,kRandom)
>
>And Revolution will understand this?!

Revolution will. An uninitiated variable in this case will be treated
as a literal constant. So, the names will be passed to your function
as literal strings regardless whether we quote them or not. One of
those things that initially puzzles people coming from other
languages and confuses newbies.

>Then just WOW!   We have found the best solution :-)

I guess then it was worth everyone's suffering through this thread :)

Robert