V4RB2: Question about Cursor

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Sun May 15 21:23:37 CDT 2005

Hi,

at the moment I do following.

With SQL I build Cursor and publish it to ListBox. When I update or
insert something I do it in a routine with

mydatabase.Table1.Field1.value=XXXX

or something similar.
Then I build new cursor with same SQL and publish it ahain to ListBox.

Now my question.
My Cursor is a cursor ORDER BY table.date

when I now wants to Update database during Cursor. I have to Update
cursor. But when I change table.date is ORDER BY from Cursor still
alive and new record or updated record is in correct ORDER BY or is
it at the same place where old record was with old ORDER BY?

I think it is difficult to describe I want to make an example:

Cursor has following

Place in Cursor - Date - other datas
1 - 15.05.2004 - ..........
2 - 15.08.2004 - ..........
3 - 01.02.2005 - ...........
4 - 05.04.2005 - ...........

when I now Update record at place 3
from 01.02.2005 - ...........
to 01.02.2004 - ...........

how does Cursor looks like
1 - 15.05.2004 - ..........
2 - 01.02.2004 - ...........
3 - 15.08.2004 - ..........
4 - 05.04.2005 - ...........

or

1 - 15.05.2004 - ..........
2 - 15.08.2004 - ..........
3 - 01.02.2004 - ...........
4 - 05.04.2005 - ...........

Thanks for help

bye bye

Claudius

--
G4/733 QS / MacOS X 10.4de / RB 5.5.3de/ Valentina 1.10.0 & 2.0.3
Homepage    http://www.ClaSai.de