[V4REV] symbolic constants

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Fri May 13 13:04:25 CDT 2005

>>Actually Transcript itself is very weak here. No constants...
>
>Transcript has constants. Local to function or to an object. It does
>not have constant globals. There are technical reason for not having
>them. But agreed that there are no constants that are useful for you.

One trap which you mentioned is that gobals have to be redeclared at
least once in each object.

Another trap is that since a global is not constant, users can change
the value.

Calling a function to set those constants as I suggested has a plus
that it can be called as often as desired, like to reset them when
needed.

Further, when the number of those constants goes up, a parameter can
be added to set only a subset in a given call.

Robert