[V4REV] Advice 2 about func names

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Fri May 13 12:45:47 CDT 2005

>  > The first variant proposed by Ruslan had Valentina_ as prefix for all
>>  calls, so at least it was painfully clear where they are coming from.
>>  The second variant has only V up front that is common and that makes
>>  me uncomfortable.
>
>We will have:
>
>     Valentina_
>     Vdatabase_
>     Vtable_
>     VLink_
>     VSet
>     VServer
>
>PLUS another action word.
>You think this can conflict to somebody? I doubt.

In some projects, I use 'v' as prefix to denote local variables. I
may not be the only one. There may be no direct name conflicts by
certainly a confusion as to what is what is possible.

As I said in the other email, I would prefer

     val
     valDatabase
     valTable
     valLink
     valSet
     valServer

That makes them all very clearly associated with Valentina without
anyone having to think about it. Or am I the only one who cares?

Robert