[V4MD] UTF-8 Text from MySql

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu May 12 07:41:20 CDT 2005

On 5/12/05 12:11 AM, "Heinrich Ruoff" <heinrichruoff at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Heinrich,

> I'll try to figure that Flash SpiderMonkey thing out.
> If there is any success I'll let you know.
>
> My problem so far is that there is already something wrong with the
> utf-8 encoding in mySQL. So it won't work in Director ;-)
> Normally utf encoded characters would be automatically transformed to
> ANSI when passed from Valentina to Director - or am I wrong?

I already have write. There are 2 steps here:

1) import of UTF8 mySQL files into Valentina's UTF16 db.

    after this step you should get good Valentina db.
    you should be able browse its records with e.g. Vstudio.

2) when you use this Valentina db with V4MD then V4MD will convert
    UTF16 strings into ANSI strings and give them to director