[V4MD] UTF-8 Text from MySql

Sean Wilson snw at paradise.net.nz
Thu May 12 06:38:48 CDT 2005

>Flash is what i thougt of as well.
>Is there no chance to pass the text from Valentina to Flash?
>Maybe by building an XML String and parsing in to a XML Object Flash?
>
>Or is it maybe possible to unencode the utf-8 text when reading from
>Valentina?

If you're using Director MX 2004, you could try using JavaScript functions
to retrieve UTF-8 from Valentina and pass them to Flash for display. The
SpiderMonkey JS engine is unicode savvy. As long as the lingo engine
doesn't touch them they *may* stay intact - I haven't tried it but it's
worth a shot (unless someone has tried it and knows it doesn't work)

Cheers,
-Sean.