[V4REV] Advice please on constants.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed May 11 21:32:15 CDT 2005

Hi Revolution developers,

I have try implement in V4REV set of symbolic constants as we have them in
V4RB and V4MD.

This is what works now

on mouseUp
  global EVDebugLevel_kLogParams

  get valentina( "Init", 8 * 1024 * 1024 )

  get Valentina( "DebugLevel", EVDebugLevel_kLogParams )

  -- get some parameters to display them:
  put Valentina( "Version" ) into field efVersion
  put Valentina( "CacheSize" ) into field efCacheSize
  put Valentina( "DebugLevel" ) into field efDebugLevel

end mouseUp

As you know external can get/set GLOBAL and LOCAL variables.
So on start V4REV can produce about 50-100 such constants with correct
values.

As you see only problem, that in Transcript, you must declare it as
    global

On start of function to access it. Annoying as for me.
But IMHO still better then just

  get Valentina( "DebugLevel", 3 )

What you think?

Note, at least you are NOT forced to use these symbol names.
    you still can use numeric constants.