VXCMD 1.x and Revolution 2.1

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon May 9 11:46:39 CDT 2005

On 5/9/05 2:45 AM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

>> Actually VXCMD which we produce also should work as RevDB,
>> We have together develop API with Revolution guys.
>
> It does. It is possible to replace the version distributed with Rev
> with a newer one but one has to dig into bundles.
>
>> And VXCMD which Revolution have on default also should support standard
>> VXCMD 1.x functions.
>
> It does but only within the range of functions supported by RevDB.
> Its goal is to be compatible with a broad range of databases, so
> naturally not all what Val offers is supported. People using Val
> fully go the vxcmd not revdb way.

Hmm, I think here some misunderstanding.

VXCMD 1.11 support BOTH ways. REVDB and standard Valentina API.

Revolution guys cannot disable Valentina way I think.
Can you call Valentina() function ?
Then you must have access to all functions of VXCMD.

> You do not really need to worry about revdb IMHO. RR will just have
> to add support for val2 in revdb at some point.

Please note, that we have work together. We have made C++ sources then I
have compile them. So VXCMD have both ways.

You can see that there is NO

    a) VXCMD from Paradigma which have only Valentina way
    b) VXCMD_rebdb from Revolution, which have only RevDB way.

Exists single library, it contains both.
And compile it can only Paradigma, because Rev do not have full access to
our sources.

P.S. Kevin, I continue CC to you in hope that you will redirect this letters
to your engineers that will help us.