Auto Increment Field

Derrick Muller derrick at xact.co.za
Fri May 6 08:17:28 CDT 2005

On 05 May 2005 08:33 AM Ruslan Zasukhin replied:

>Hi Derrick,

>> Is it possible to set a integer field to AUTO INCREMENT on create?

>We have not yet such feature.

>Usually people use RecID field.

>But right, since we want support pure Relational model also,
>It is good idea add auto increment also. I think it is in our bug tracking
>system as feature request.

Looks like I will have to create a single record control table to track
document numbers (Invoice No, Job Sheet No, etc.)

So, is it possible to specify a table which only allows a single record so
that:

SELECT * FROM ControlTable

Will always return a single record to the recordset/cursor.

(I am still very new to RB & Valentina and recordsets vs cursor will be
subject of another mail)

Thanks

Derrick Muller