Upgrading...

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu May 5 22:08:51 CDT 2005

On 5/5/05 9:57 PM, "Charles Cohen" <rwc1717 at shaw.ca> wrote:

Hi Charles,

> Using V4RB 2.0 and RB 5.5.5
>
> I have been using  V4RB 1.9.7 and have spent the morning rumaging
> through my code to alter the record manipulation events (open, delete,
> update & add), BaseObjects to VTables and have been able to reduce the
> RB compiler errors to two.
>
> However, I have yet to get into my database as both...
>
> Valentina.Init(10* 1024*1024) and Valentina.ShutDown() return the errors

> * This method does not exist in App.Close line 3 and * This method does
> not exist in App.Close line 3
> respectively.

Hmm.

> The tutorials load with the identicle code....pas problemo as does the
> converting tool,

> BTW I have to remove the DBVersion line to get a satisfactory
> conversion...that particular line created an exception whenvever I
> tried to convert my old database.  Is this a problem?

Take this point please:

1) I recommend at first update your project to be able work with V4RB 2.0.
You should make that it compiles, runs, create new fresh db of 2.0 format.
Add records, close open dbs amd so on.

When you will get all this working, then there is sense add lines
To convert existed dbs of 1.x format into 2.0 format.
You can check example Common/Convert_1_2() for this task.

2) so you say that Valentina.Init() produce compile error ?!
Strange.

Try type    Valentina.

Does REALbasic show list of methods for Valentina class?
Does it list here Init() method ?

3) I think you know you need remove V4RB 1.x plugin from plugins folder of
REALBasic.