[V4MD] adding method field

Peter Salomon peter.salomon at gmx.net
Thu May 5 10:56:21 CDT 2005

hi list,

i have a project where i can´t add method fields in one table.
perhaps you may help me to find what´s wrong.

1. xtra V4MD 2.0.3fc6 works. examples work, in another table of my
project i added already method field.

2. methodfields are of type stringfield:

     aTable.createStringField(fldName, 128, [#fNone] , methodstring)

but also creation with type varcharfield fails

3. methodstring is something like:

"IF ((fld1 + fld2 +fld3)/3*100 < 30, 'low',IF ((fld1 + fld2 +fld3)/
3*100 < 70, 'middle', 'high'))"

this methodsring worked with version 1.x

4. this table has more than 350 fields, when i try to add
methodfields, messagewindow tells me that job is done without errors.
but closing db and  check with VStudio

  --> no methodfields.

so has anyone an idea what is wrong here or suggestions to find a
better way?
thanks, peter