Problems with table. What does this mean?

Keith DeLong delong at redcort.com
Wed May 4 13:53:27 CDT 2005

> On 5/4/05 2:00 PM, Chuck Neal at chuck at mediamacros.com wrote:
>
>> I have to say this is a bit disconcerting as We have invested many hours
>> in this.
>
> I'm disconcerted too. What if you have a database with 250,000+ records in
> it and it gets corrupted. There is no option to repair it? Not even in
> VStudio?

I cannot speak for v2, but in V4RB 1.7 and newer, once an application is
thoroughly debugged and tested, data corruption is very near zero (We have
seen one corrupted customer database in almost 5 years of commercial
distribution).

It's my experience that the Achilles heal of 1.x is a crash between an
add/change/delete and a db.flush. Defensive coding will never rely on
Valentina to do the flush implicitly. With the exception of a large import,
I immediately call db.flush after any db add/change/delete.

Ruslan, do you anticipate this will be true for 2.x as well?

Keith DeLong