V4MD: Put llist[] in a TEXT field...

Erich Geiersberger erichg at mcmm.com
Wed May 4 22:33:29 CDT 2005

>Hello everyone,
>

>I've made a list with 3 values stored in it..
>
>The list is correct, but when I store it the Valentina DB I Get an error
>310....
>
>The field is a TEXT fieldŠ.
>
>When I store just the word "hello world" it works fineŠ.
>
>But when I store the list it gives the 310 errorŠ.
>
>I found out that is has to do with something like; Convert the list into an
>integerŠ?
>
>Well, the main question:
>
>How can I put the values of the list into the field?

If you want to store a list in a string you need
to convert it to a string first

myListString = string(mylist)

and convert it back later using

mylist = value(myListString) afterwards

Please note that this conversion will not work
- if one or more list entries are void
- if list entries contain text with returns
So if you are not sure what's in the list you should not go that way.

HTH

--
Erich Geiersberger

Media Connect Multimedia