REPRODUCED: Test of V4RB + vserver

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed May 4 10:30:56 CDT 2005

On 5/4/05 10:18 AM, "Jochen Peters" <j.peters at valentina-db.de> wrote:

>>> I have tested on Mac with:
>>> RB 5.5.4
>>> V4RB 2.0.3fc6
>>> VServer 2.0.3.fc6
>>>
>>> It does not work - i get error 82000.
>>> Then i changed "localhost" to "127.0.0.1" and it works!
>>> So - i can verify that problem comes from "localhost"!
>>
>> You are third man with this.
>>
>> But why it work for me only ?????
>>
>> Is your computer have access to Inet ?
>> May be no?
>> Then may be problem that it have no access to DNS ?

> Hhmm - as i see it works PERFECT with vStudio. I can specify "localhost"
> with no problems there.
> So - problem not in kernel - maybe in V4RB..

The same was reported for V4MD.

Also interesting thing that V4RB example Advanced/ServerUtility
Do works. Only difference I see that it use Vserver class instead of
Vdatabase class.

Your Vstudio also use Vserver to connect.

> Ruslan - you can simply fix that by comparing the hostname with "localhost"
> (ignoring case) and replace it withh "127.0.0.1" - then it should work in
> any case.

Yes, but this is not best case,
    one more string comparision.

I have reproduce 82000 error, when have unplug my MAC from inet.
So now I can debug this issue.