REALbasic Objects and RBDB_2

Eric Werner, MD gaseous1 at mac.com
Thu Mar 31 10:23:06 CST 2005

Serg,

I have had a chance to test what I think is v2.01 of V4RB and I am not
seeing any change in the behavior of the problem noted below. I have
attached two projects, one based on the RealDB engine and the other on
Valentina. Valentina still is not returning RecID #'s via the REALbasic API.

The projects are very simple. They use a databasequery which is linked to a
listbox. The results of the query should automatically populate the listbox,
and they do, except for the RecID from Valentina.

I've also noted that I can't drag and drop a vDatabase onto the REALbasic
project window (the file fails to "get" the db icon in REALbasic, and the
database can't be opened). Opening the file via the dialog works as
expected.

I'd appreciate your comments.

--
Regards,