Question on scope of V4RB

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Wed Mar 30 14:01:02 CST 2005

> Hmmm, Looks from his answer that he did (windows *from* Mac).
> So, I'll re-ask again:

He answers the tech questions, I answer the business questions.

> Hardware: G4, OS 10.3.8  (no wintel machines whatsoever)
> Software: RB v5.5.5 + RB database
> I can: create apps that run on both mac/windows platforms.
>
> Hardware: G4, OS 10.3.8  (no wintel machines whatsoever)
> Software: RB v5.5.5 + V4RB(mac)
> could I: create apps that run on both mac/windows platforms?
>
> According to Ruslan yes, according to you, no. Both of you
> belong to paradigma software so please clarify.

Its possible to cross compile with REALbasic's cross compiler. However if
you want to deploy on Windows, then you need the Windows version as well.

If you are running RB 5.5.5 Pro + V4RB (mac), you can compile applications
for any REALbasic supported platform (mac, windows), but if you want to
compile to Windows and deploy the Valentina runtime on Windows, you need a
V4RB (win) developer code, too.

If you want to upgrade to V4RB 2 Professional (mac + windows + Valentina
Studio), and you only have V4RB 1.1 (mac), contact me offlist as we don't
have that configuration in the store -- but we can work it out :-)

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President