V4MD 2.0 & Unicode

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Wed Mar 30 11:20:43 CST 2005

Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
> On 3/30/05 11:50 AM, "Alexey Starchikhin" <ssa at sevenrays.ru> wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>What  advantages gives  Unicode support in V2  in Macromedia Director?
>>Director doesn't support Unicode itself,  so how text fields from database
>>can be translated to Director text members?
>

> Hi Alexey,
>
> We have discuss this questions with other V4md users.
> It seems there is no any nice way to foolish Director.
>
> So V4MD Xtra just get from director ANSI strings, convert them to UTF16,
> And store in db.
>
> Somebody have told that may be from Flash we can get some advantages...

One way to use Unicode within Director could be, use a Flash-Inputfield, use a Javascript-function
(not a lingo funtion) to save this data in Valentina and the other way get some data from Valentina
using Javascript put these data in a Flash-Textarea. I did not try it out but it would be worth to
check it. Unfortunately this time I have not enough time to check it by myself, but I hope that I
will find some time next month.

All the best

Hans