V4RB2 running application?

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at goodeast.com
Tue Mar 29 23:01:56 CST 2005

Hi Claudius,

On Mar 29, 2005, at 9:46 PM, Claudius Sailer wrote:

> that was not the problem.
> What do I ned to get a running app with V4RB2.
> Is it neccessary to send VComponents to user to, where do they have to
> install them ...
>
> what I have to do to make V4RB2 applications on my system is known and
> works.

Ah. You want to know how to deploy your application. Now i understand.
Yes, you need to install the VComponents onto the user machines.

Of course you can install the VComponents folder onto the user's
machine in /Library/CFMSupport/ or ~/Library/CFMSupport/. You can
create your own installer to install these along with your application
to make it easy for your users.

But also, I think there is a way to embed the VComponents into the
application itself (Mach-O only) or at least you may put them into the
same folder as the Application (which is not Mac-like anymore). We will
have to wait for Ruslan to respond about this.

-Frank Schima