V4RB2 running application?

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at goodeast.com
Tue Mar 29 21:36:31 CST 2005

Hi Claudius,

On Mar 29, 2005, at 9:19 PM, Claudius Sailer wrote:

> with 1.x I compiled my RB-Application and V4RB was included and it
> rans.
>
> What do I have to do by using V4RB2?
> I am using only RB for MacOS X but I build Carbon-Apps.

If I understand you correctly, you need to:

1. Install V4RB2 with the installer, remove the V4RB 1.x plugin and
place V4RB2 into the plugins folder.

2. Convert any existing databases to Valentina 2 format. There are a
few ways to do that:
2a. Use the existing Convert_1_2 function in V4RB2. See the V4RB docs
about this.
2b. Export the database with SQL in Val 1 and import the SQL using
VStudio or ViSQL with Val 2.
2c. Possibly export into XML format, but I think the XML formats are
not compatible so forget about this.

3. Convert your project to use Val 2 syntax. This has been explained on
other threads and I will not repeat it here. Search the archives to
find these posts. Hmmm, I cannot seem to find the archives anymore. If
you do not have the last post by Ruslan about this, I can forward it to
you.

HTH,
Frank Schima