[V4RB2] What's wrong with SQLSelect?

Kem Tekinay ktekinay at mactechnologies.com
Tue Mar 29 14:19:06 CST 2005

On 3/29/05 10:35 AM, Kem Tekinay at ktekinay at mactechnologies.com wrote:

> Now I set find = "NY", making the SQL command:
>
>  SELECT * FROM Zip_Codes WHERE Zip_Code LIKE 'NY%' OR City LIKE 'NY%'
>     OR State LIKE 'NY%'

And here is where the problem is. My e-mail reads like the above, but, in
actuality, my select command read like this:

  SELECT * FROM Zip_Codes WHERE Zip_Code LIKE 'ny%' OR City LIKE 'ny%'
     OR State LIKE 'ny%'

It turns out that Valentina is case-sensitive, so I have to change it to
this:

  SELECT * FROM Zip_Codes WHERE Zip_Code LIKE 'ny%' OR lower(City) LIKE
     'ny%' OR lower(State) LIKE 'ny%'

This works, but is there a way to tell Valentina to always do
case-insensitive searches?

BTW, for what it's worth, this search takes about 115 ticks, but the same
search in REALdatabase takes around 40 ticks. I'm starting to think that I
must be missing some setting in Valentina.

And, no, it's not the debug level which is set to log nothing.