Vserver and RB : can't even try version 2

Eric Ferrer wonderfef at noos.fr
Tue Mar 29 11:24:32 CST 2005

Hello,

I was so pleased to see that the final release of Valentina 2 was out, that
I wanted to try it right away.

So I remove Valentina Server 1 from my computer (Windows 2000 pro) and I
installed the new version ; I then copied my database to the new location
and tryed to launch the service, but Windows told me "can't launch
service... Error 1053, service did not answer fast enough..." (translation
from French).
What's wrong ?

I am used to develop my application (made with RB) with a Vserver installed
on my PC, and if everything is allright, I install my new version. The true
PC server runs Windows Server 2003.

Moreover, what are the step when upgrading from v1 to v2. It seems that
there is a db conversion procedure... Is that true ?

To finish, I bought a 250 connection licence for Vserver beta release, being
told I would get a free upgrade to the final release. Do I need a new
license file ?

Thanks all for your help.