[FAQ] Converting V1 DB to V2 Format

Tim James tjames1 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Mar 28 22:48:35 CST 2005

Sorry after I sent this I tried to use the example to convert a
largeish Db of mine of 256Mb - and it crashes. I have spent a little
time deleting various tables from the input v1 Db and diagnose the
problem - no luck so far - It is not urgent as I am only at the stage
of investigating upgrading. however there perhaps is a bug in
Valentina.Convert_1_2 or maybe my Db is corrupt to the extent that it
causes an error - although I have done a reindex,compact,diagnose on
the input.

Log files show

Valentina_SetDebugLevel...
	PARAM: inLevel = 3
return

Valentina_SetFlushEachLog...
	PARAM: inValue = 1
return

Valentina_GetCacheSize...
return (int) AllocatedSize = 268439552

Valentina_GetDatabaseVersion...
	PARAM: inVdbFile = 26252944
return res = 400

Valentina_Convert_1_2...
	PARAM: inOldDb = 26252944
	PARAM: inNewDb = 26253088
	PARAM: inLoadRecords = 1
	PARAM: inNewSegmentSize = 0

get crash and 'do you want to send error report to apple'

tried increasing cache to 256mb - no difference.

Had success when I deleted 6 of 23 tables - but have not iterated the
testing to narrow the problem

When I have more time I will work on it (Suffice to say have
successfully converted smaller less tables Db)

Small question what does the boolean (3rd param) in
Valentina.Convert_1_2 indicate - any docs anywhere??

TIA (again!!)

Tim