[Valentina 2.0 TIP] Picture field // RE: yet another RBdatabase question

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Mar 27 21:59:16 CST 2005

On 3/27/05 9:13 PM, "Lynn Fredricks" <lfredricks at proactive-intl.com> wrote:

Hi Stephan,

What you think now ?

Lynn, have explain thay Valentina Office Server is NOT for application
developers as you.

APP developers should look to VDN with with Embedded Server.
With VDN you can for $600:

    a) develop ANY number of applications with embedded server.
    b) sale any number of copies of these apps wit Vserver/5

Cool? We think this is cool for developers.
You sale 1000 copies, get profit, and DO NOT pay us nothing.  :-)
You sale 10,000 copies, get profit, and DO NOT pay us nothing.  :-)

You can for some tasks even handle 10-20-30+ users.
If you will use connect-work-disconnect trick

One of Valentina Server users have report that when they have switch to this
trick, instead of V4MD LOCAL open/close trick, they have get speed up in 17
times.

Why it is faster? Because server DO NOT close db if you disconnect from it,
And it keeps db in cache.

I think that connect/disconnect trick can handle even 50 users easy.
Of course all depend on task and how you program it.
For example, you can use client-side cursors. This will copy data to client
computer, so user can disconnect and still browse data.