[Valentina 2.0 TIP] Picture field // RE: yet another RB database question

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Mar 27 12:32:17 CST 2005

> From: Roger Cudney <rcudinho at yahoo.com>
> Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:14:17 -0800 (PST)

Hi Roger,

> Is there a good reason to switch to Valentina? I cannot switch easily to the
> new RB format because I am storing JPEGS in the database.

Valentina support perfectly not only REALbasic, but Macromedia Director.

Special for Director users Valentina integrate into kernel library which
work with images.

You can store into Valentina 2.0 different picture formats.
You can ask Valentina convert them inside of db in e.g. JPG or TIFF.
Or you can give already existed JPG, TIFF, and get them back as is,
Or you can get them back as uncompressed bitmap ready for displaying.

Valentina 2.0 do not depend on QuickTime by the way.