update problems

Capra J'neva sonicinema at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 11:53:00 CST 2005

Hi, sorry I just got the tail end of the conversation
about updating, so sorry if this question has already
been answered.  I am unable to make updates to a
record.  When using the cursor script: UpdateRecord, I
receive a #5 error (which means somehow that it cannot
connect with a file) here is the script that causes
the error: UpdateRecord(queryObject,"user",3) ...By
the way a DeleteRecord in this same cursor position
succeeds.

I used the following SqlExecute:
SqlExecute(curDB,"UPDATE '" &baseObject&"' SET
'user'=3 WHERE 'numSizes'="&numSizes&" AND 'user'=2",
2, 3, 2)

Where curDB is the database object, baseObject is the
base object and numSizes is an integer.

When I put in the cursor flags, it hard crashes
director & makes everything else on my computer
crippled for a few minutes.  Without them, it gives me
error 616, wrong expression.  But I don't know what
the right expression would be.

Thanks,

Capra