v2...planning ahead, upgrade road from 1.x users.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Mar 25 16:15:52 CST 2005

On 3/25/05 1:59 PM, "Robert Nichols" <robert at formworkdesign.com> wrote:

> This has probably been clarified somewhere previously, but I am in the
> dark.
>
> I am assuming the release of v2 means this is the last month of vServer
> use as we have know it for the last many months (i.e. temp license file
> downloadable each month.)

Btw, it was possible to purchase Vserver during many months already.

> If so, I am assuming I need to purchase some version of Valentina
> Office Server, as well as upgrade my current V4RB license to a V4RB2
> ADK?

So practically all of current Valentina users have some ADK of 1.x version.

* For example you have V4RB or V4MD.
    What options you have?

1) You can purchase upgrade V1 to V2.
    it is 50% of regular price.

2) also you can consider purchase (with discount) our new
     "product" - option  - Valentina Developer Network.

VDN is paradise IF you plan or dream about development of client/server,
i.e. Multi-user version of your application/solution.

--------------------------------------
* IMPORTANT:

--  we think that VDN will be the primary option for go
    for most developers.

-- developers do not need Vserver Office.
    developers need Vserver Embedded, which is part of VDN.

-- VDN contains a lots of benefits and discounts.
    if you will count total price of all products  that VDN includes
    you will see that VDN price offer you great bundle discount.

-- VDN brings ability develop client/server apps even to shareware
developers.

* the who need Vserver Office.

-- Vserver Office is good if company need only single copy of it.

-- most probably, 2 ways exists here:

    * company A ask a developer to make them some internal solution.
    then Vserver Office -- is an answer.

    * Developer crreate app which work with many DBMS, but not include
    any of them. So developer sale app, but user later need choose
    which DBMS to buy for own office to use with this app.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com