Director Recordset Paging?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Mar 21 19:17:51 CST 2005

On 3/21/05 6:51 PM, "john at blastoffnow.com" <john at blastoffnow.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply, Ruslan.
>
> I'm sorry if this turns into a new topic. I can't figure out to reply within a
> thread using this
> list.
>
> I downloaded the V4MD 2.0 docs, and am looking through them.
>
> I have uploaded a picture at the following web site that may better describe
> what I'm trying to do
> with Director and Valentina. If you could please have a look, then respond
> either here, or to my
> email, I would greatly appreciate it!
>
> http://www.blastoffinteractive.com/database-mockup.asp

I see. So you ask about show Records X-Y of cursor (recordset).

It is easy.

Director is not a WEB solution. So you do not work with sessions.
Right ?

So you need simply get a cursor of Valentina

    curs = db.SqlSelect( "SELECT * FROM T" )

Cursor can have any number of records.

Valentina allow you random navigation on cursor.
So agree there is no any problems to ask

    curs.GoToRecord( startIndex )

    loop( 10 times)
    {
        curs.NextRecord()