SQLExecute failures

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Mar 15 09:21:58 CST 2005

On Mar 15, 2005, at 9:05 AM, Stan Busk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> SQLExecute with UPDATE seems to work only on fresh files. In 2
> different products with several files, as soon as you have many
> records the command simply fails. I have been facing the problem
> during 2 months so far. The command is:
>
> rows = myDatabase.SQLExecute("UPDATE myTable SET myField='0'")
>
> rows returns the correct record count but not a single myField of
> myTable is set to 0. Use to work on fresh files but one day, after
> adding a given number of records, it stops working.
>
> Anybody knows what can cause that?

I've been dealing with something similiar in the XCMD for a little
while now.  After a given number of updates or inserts the database
becomes corrupted.  I found that closing the database every couple of
calls fixed the problem for the time being but I would really like to
find out what is causing this as well.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia