Sorting numeric

Roger Amar Roger at logram.com
Mon Mar 7 11:24:54 CST 2005

Hi Ruslan,

select recID,NumVolume,NomVolume,SupportVolume,EtatVolume,GroupeVolume
from boVolumes
where SupportVolume like '45 TOURS' no_case order numeric by NumVolume"
     ^^^^^^^^^
    what is this ???
Roger -> it is a field name
Roger -> this SQL sorts correctly by order numeric as I want !

The correct syntax is

    ORDER BY fld1, fld2, ...

Roger : What is the syntax if I want numeric sort ?

Roger :
The one which does *not sort numeric* by the field I want is :

"select
recID,Titre,Interprete,Auteur,Orchestre,Type,Categorie,Origine,Version,N
umeroVolume from boTitres where Interprete like 'brassens' no_case order
numeric by NumeroVolume"

It sorts by recID in place of by NumeroVolume as I want.

What is wrong ?

Roger;