V4RB: Valentina file open permission

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Mar 2 09:09:55 CST 2005

On 3/2/05 1:40 AM, "Guillermo" <guillermo at parsec.info> wrote:

Hi Guillermo,

> I want to open a open Valentina database as standard file to make a
> backup copy while is already open, my program flush the database and
> ensures that nothing modified it while is making the backup, but I
> don't want close the database because I have open cursors and I don't
> want to recreate it.
>
> This works fine in Mac but in Windows I can't open the file (even in
> read only mode).

I think as MAC you mean OS X?

OS X is very special, like Linux, it have no exclusive mode for files.

>   Why I can't read the file in readonly mode in Windows?

Because Windows, and OS 9 have exclusive mode, and Valentina use it.

Valentina cannot assume that YOU will do all safely.
So it protect against such steps.

You should close db Guillermo, no other way.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com