[V4RB2] SQL REGEX Help

Eric Ferrer wonderfef at noos.fr
Thu Jun 30 10:34:04 CDT 2005

Thank you Damon

Le 30 juin 2005 à 05:57, Damon Pillinger a écrit :
> if you do this
> WHERE Name LIKE '%eme%'
> You should get anything with 'eme' in it similar to REGEDIT results.

Yes, that's true, I now get some records, instead of nothing.
As I said, LIKE now uses SQL92, which I was not using in my tests.
In v1, LIKE did not use this.

But there is something that I still don't figure out.

LIKE uses ICU collations, right?
Both for SORT and SEARCH, as Ruslan wrote yesterday, right?

So, if my field "Name" has for CollationAttribute "Strength" =
Primary —which is supposed to ignore accents and case—, I should also
get records such as :
7ème Apache
16/9 EME
etc.
... which I don't get... I only get records with exactly 'eme' in
their name. 'ème' and 'EME' are ignored...

I must have missed something again...
Eric