[V4RB2] SQL REGEX Help

Eric Ferrer wonderfef at noos.fr
Wed Jun 29 18:53:04 CDT 2005

Le 29 juin 2005 à 18:24, Ruslan Zasukhin a écrit :

>     send to Ivan this database.
>
> And he will repeat searches.
>
> Also please make comment what is correct, and what is no, and why

Thank you Ruslan.

You already have my database (new_technovision_2.vdb).
I gave you a link to download it - it is too big to send it by email.

Moreover, I'm not a SQL92 master nor a RegEx wizzard, so I'm not sure
I'll be able to tell 'I should get this but I get that'

So:
> SELECT Name FROM Clients
> WHERE Name LIKE 'ème'
> --> return absolutely no record at all
Maybe this is normal, since LIKE uses a SQL92 syntax that I don't
seem to use here...

To finish, if I properly understood :
in v1: LIKE --> RegEx search

in v2 : LIKE --> SQL92 search, using ICU Collations
             REGEX --> RegEx search with new specifications   -   ['(?
i)abc'] instead of ['abc' no_case] for example)

Am I right?
Eric