Kernel Errors 348 and 351

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jun 28 22:29:08 CDT 2005

On 6/28/05 6:38 PM, "Andrew Sinning" <andrew at learningware.com> wrote:

Hi Andrew,

> A few weeks ago I wrote with a problem I was having with a customer's corrupt
> db from an application that uses V4MD.  I am seeing the same type of
> corruption with a db created today by one of our bug-testers.

> I desperately need some help figuring out what could possibly be causing the
> db to become corrupt.  This product has been released to several hundred
> customers.  I need to find a solution before this blows up in our face.

    kFBL_InvPageVarChar          = 348,
    kFBL_CorruptedVarChar        = 351,

Both are VarChar corruption.

> The version of the V4MD.x32 installed is 1.9.8.  We would be happy to upgrade
> to version 2.0.x, but I would like to get some insight regarding what could
> possibly be causing the corruption.

1.9.8 is old even for 1.x line.
You can upgrade to 1.11 version.

You can check ReleaseNotes.pdf from 1.11 archive to see if was fixed at
least one VarChar bug between 1.9.8 and 1.11.

If yes, then this can be source of problem.

> The errors do not go away when the dbs are opened in v2.0b9.

You mean Vstudio b9.  But problem cannot just go away.
At least you need do XML dump and later load into fresh db.

> I may need a way to _fix_ any corrupted databases, as
> it is quite likely that there are customers with corrupt databases out there.

XML dump. You can have in your app menu
    Rebuild Database

Which will do this operation.

> Here is what I have found:
>
> I have installed Valentina Studio (v2.0b9) in an attempt to diagnose the
> problem or repair the database.

> When I open the problem database in VS, I get following errors:
>
>     1) When I view one of the problem tables in the data browser, when
>     scrolling through the data, I get kernel errors 348 and 351.
>
>     2) When I attempt to "diagnose" the table, I get an error "348", but
>     the Table Diagnose Report says "All right!"
>
>     3) I can dump to xml without getting an error, but when I attempt to
>     load the data, I get a kernel error 19, or VS simply crashes.

This is bad. Aha.
Try to use VAPP 1.11 to load database.

Deal is that Vstudio 2b9 will load XML into db 2.0 format.
I think this is NOT what you need.