Kernel Errors 348 and 351

Andrew Sinning andrew at learningware.com
Tue Jun 28 10:38:44 CDT 2005

A few weeks ago I wrote with a problem I was having with a customer's corrupt db from an application that uses V4MD.  I am seeing the same type of corruption with a db created today by one of our bug-testers.

I desperately need some help figuring out what could possibly be causing the db to become corrupt.  This product has been released to several hundred customers.  I need to find a solution before this blows up in our face.

The version of the V4MD.x32 installed is 1.9.8.  We would be happy to upgrade to version 2.0.x, but I would like to get some insight regarding what could possibly be causing the corruption.  The errors do not go away when the dbs are opened in v2.0b9.  I may need a way to _fix_ any corrupted databases, as it is quite likely that there are customers with corrupt databases out there.

Here is what I have found:

I have installed Valentina Studio (v2.0b9) in an attempt to diagnose the problem or repair the database.

When I open the problem database in VS, I get following errors:

    1) When I view one of the problem tables in the data browser, when
    scrolling through the data, I get kernel errors 348 and 351.

    2) When I attempt to "diagnose" the table, I get an error "348", but
    the Table Diagnose Report says "All right!"

    3) I can dump to xml without getting an error, but when I attempt to
    load the data, I get a kernel error 19, or VS simply crashes.

    4) I cannot dump to sql. When I do, I get kernel error 348.