Version 2.0.3 Documentation

Erich Geiersberger erichg at mcmm.com
Fri Jun 24 10:55:02 CDT 2005

The docs are containing a couple of typos which make them difficult
to understand. Here is an example from V4MD Reference:

>Valentina Symbols
>Valentina for Director 2.0 uses many symbol constants to simplify
>coding for a deloper.
>Below you can see full list of symbols that Vaelntina understands.
>Note, that numeric values are given only for information. You should
>ner use numeric
>values.

What does this want to tell me???
- You should NOW use numeric values ?
- You should NEVER use numeric values ?

I also searched in vain for error handling in the docs which makes it
very difficult to start.
The only thing I found in Kernel reference was:

>ErrNumber as Integer [DEPRECATED]
>You cam examine this property to see if the last operation was successful...

and

>ErrString as String [DEPRECATED]
>Returns the string which describe the last error....

We found examples in the example files but I believe they should also
be contained in the documentation.

There are also errors in the V4MD examples.
examples/sql way/pictures.dir:

This file contains a startmovie script with a badly positioned "end if":