Error = Record not found

Andrew Sinning andrew at learningware.com
Thu Jun 16 08:03:09 CDT 2005

I'm using V4MD.

In our product, users enter questions and answers in and editor, and the
data is written to a database.  There are some redundant data storage
methods in place, so I can view the data even though one of the records
has become corrupt.

A customer has pasted an answer from Word into the editor and saved the
question to the database.  The answer seems to have resulted in a
corrupt record.  I suspect that the problem is ascii character 9
(long-space).  Could this be true?

What does this error mean:  "Record not found" ?

This is not the same as a record that doesn't exist.  For example,
"SELECT * FROM answers WHERE qId = 93745923" results in valid cursor
with zero records.

In this case, "SELECT * FROM answers WHERE qId = 216" (216 is the qId of
the question), I get the error.  Unfortunately,  "DELETE FROM answers
WHERE qId = 216" also results in an error.  How do I clean this problem up?

Thanks.